Today seemed liked a really busy day. After we learned about Google Docs and Google Earth, we started a new project that at first seemed a little daunting. We were assigned by the trainers to create a short video project on our computers, but I had never used a computer to produce a movie before. Despite being hesitant because of my lack of experience, I was lucky enough to have a really solid group of people to work with on the project.
The assignment for our group was to produce a video about presenting our professional self. After brainstorming a bit and defining what "professional self" meant to us, Kevin, Andrew, Carolyn, Matt and I tackled to task at hand. Instead of making a sterile presentation using archived images and basic explanations of what we thought professionalism would look like, we decided to have fun with the video and create a series of vignettes.
As it turned out, we did a pretty good job.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the projects even though you were unfamiliar with creating movies on a computer. Did you find support from your group in learning how to do this? Did your group face any challenges? How did you overcome them? Is there anything that you would have done differently?
ReplyDelete